The National Home is excited to announce the new sponsorship of the Pollett House by The VFW Department of Missouri with a gift from VFW Post #6211. This 2,674 square foot house features, four bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms, a full basement, central air, and a two-car garage. Constructed in 1935, this home was originally called the Director’s Cottage and was built to house the Director of the VFW National Home. The home was later renamed to honor the Pollett family, the first family to ever live at the National Home and today houses a program staff member that can provide 24 hour, seven-day-a-week, on-call support to residents. As you can imagine, the Pollett House plays a critical role for the residents that live on campus. We are so glad that the VFW Members from Missouri are supporting the Pollett House through this gift from VFW Post #6211. Sponsorship represents a strong commitment to the National Home, and it is critical to our ability to serve struggling families.