The VFW National Home for Children has an opening for the Board of Trustees Secretary/Treasurer Position. The position requirements are as follows:
The Board of Trustees at its regular meeting preceding the Annual Meeting of Life Members (in October) shall elect from its number a President and a Vice President, and shall also elect from the Life Membership of the Home a Secretary/Treasurer who need not be a Trustee. The officers of the Home shall be elected for the term of one (1) year and until their successor shall be chosen, subject to the power of the Board of Trustees to remove officers as provided in the Articles of Incorporation/By-Laws. This position can be a multi-year position if voted in favor of.
- The Secretary/Treasurer shall be a resident of Michigan, and further, reside within 50 miles of the National Home. Shall attend all meetings of the Corporation and of the Board of Trustees and shall perform the duties usually incident to that office together with such duties as the Board of Trustees may from time to time prescribe.
- Must be a Life Member of the Home in good standing at least one year prior to nomination.
- Must also be in good standing in the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, or the VFW Auxiliary. Any Trustee that shall cease to be such, shall immediately cease to be in a Trustee Position as well.
- All checks and drafts on the Home’s financial institution accounts and all bills of exchange shall be signed by the Executive Director as authorized by the Board of Trustees, provided that the Board of Trustees may, by resolution, authorize an alternate officer, the Secretary/Treasurer as an agent of the Home. The Board shall require all persons signing drafts and checks to be bonded in the form and amount satisfactory to them with such surety or sureties as may be approved by them.
- In order to have his or her name placed on the ballot for nomination for this position, a candidate must obtain a written recommendation of his or her respective Department or Department Auxiliary and submit a letter of interest to the National Home Executive Secretary.
- Should you wish to receive more information regarding this open (unpaid/volunteer) position, please contact Lynn Bloomer (Executive Secretary) at 517-663-7023 or email@example.com
Candidates for this position must have letters of interest and supporting documentation submitted to the National Home Executive Secretary by September 7, 2021 10:00am Eastern Standard Time.